Favorite series?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joie 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Joie
    Participant

Which manga series are nearest and dearest to your heart? What attracts you to that series the most?

Macky Pierce
    Participant

Nearest & dearest are…
    *the first manga I read, Sailor Moon
    *the manga that I followed from beginning to end & met lots of nice friends cause of the series blog, Inuyasha
    *the manga I am so in love and crazy for, Silver Diamond
    *And the manga that I faithfully follow are Kuroshitsuji, Karneval & Blue Exorcist.

What attracts me most is the artwork, the story and the characters. I like a balance of drama, action & comedy.

Joie
    Participant

Sailor Moon was one of the first series I read and definitely one of the best. Ranma 1/2 is really sentimental for me. Takes me back to junior high. And Paradise Kiss taught me about um…”adult love”.

Macky Pierce
    Participant

It’s been forever since I’ve read Ranma. It was a lot of fun to read. Seeing the title Paradise Kiss suddenly reminded me of Nana. Argh, that mangaka can sure write about angst. Her stories are beautiful but uber angsty.

Joie
    Participant

I knooow! I actually had to stop reading Nana because I just couldn’t take it anymore. ;-;

Macky Pierce
    Participant

I don’t even know if Nana ended or not. I heard Ai Yazawa sensei got sick. The story probably had an abrupt angsty ending.
    Do you have a favorite shoujo manga? Aside from Sailor Moon, I love the manga written by Matsuri Hino. The first time I fell in love with her writing & art is after reading Meru Puri. Then I read Vampire Knights followed by Captive Hearts. Her stories are so cute!

Joie
    Participant

I loved Meru Puri! I love so many shojo manga it’s hard to say…Cardcaptor Sakura will always be one of my favorites, though. Mars by Fuyumi Souryo is my favorite romance, it’s a total masterpiece. And you’ve probably never heard of it but there’s a very old manga called The Bride of Deimos that I might have a slight obsession over. I just love old manga and anime. ^^

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep up with all things Realms Con
Venue

The Emerald Beach Hotel

1102 South Shoreline Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX  78401

Who’s Online
There are no users currently online