Front Page Forums General Discussion More than 80 of the women and girls whom Larry

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  zhangzk 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

zhangzk
    Participant

Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman confronted her former doctor who has pleaded guilty to multiple sexual assaults http://www.oaklandraidersteamonline.com/isaiah-johnson-jersey , warning him that the testimony of the ”powerful army” of 140 survivors at his sentencing will haunt him in prison.
    Nassar abused under the guise of medical treatment have stood before the court during a marathon sentencing hearing that began Tuesday, describing with eloquence and sometimes tears the harm Nassar did and the impact he has had on their lives.

”You have not taken gymnastics away from me,” Raisman said. ”I love this sport, and that love is stronger than the evil that resides in you, in those who enabled you to hurt many people.”

Facing pressure over how Michigan State University handled allegations made against Nassar when he was employed there, the school’s board of trustees asked the state’s attorney general to investigate but stood by university president Lou Ann Simon – who is facing growing calls to resign or to be fired by the board.

Nassar also was a team doctor at the Indianapolis-based USA Gymnastics, which trains Olympians.

PRO FOOTBALL

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) – Tom Brady is staying mum on his status for the AFC championship game after suffering a right hand injury earlier in the week.

Brady said a bit contentiously only ”We’ll see” when asked whether he would play in Sunday’s conference title game against Jacksonville.

The quarterback wore red gloves and responded to several other questions about how much he practiced or how he sustained the injury by saying ”I’m not talking about that.”

Brady is listed as questionable for Sunday after being a limited participant in practice Friday. He was also limited on Wednesday. He sat out practice Thursday, but wore a glove on his injured hand during the stretching period open to reporters. He usually only wears a glove on his non-throwing hand.

SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) – New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson faces a slew of charges in Florida, including threatening a police officer’s family and saying he would rape the officer’s wife.

A Sunrise police report shows the 24-year-old Anderson was stopped in a sport utility vehicle after it ran two red lights and was swerving while traveling about 105 mph in a 45 mph zone.

After he was stopped, police say he made the threats and then boasted about how much money he has. Jail records show Anderson faces nine charges http://www.oaklandraidersteamonline.com/hunter-renfrow-jersey , including threatening harm to a public servant, resisting arrest and traffic violations. The records don’t list an attorney for Anderson.

”This is a pending legal matter and we will have no further comments,” the Jets said in a statement. The NFL is also aware of the situation and league spokesman Brian McCarthy said ”we will be looking into this matter.”

This is the latest legal trouble for Anderson, who was arrested in May and charged with resisting arrest and obstruction of justice after sparring with officials who asked him to leave a Miami music festival. Anderson’s next scheduled court date for that incident is on March 19.

BASEBALL

NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) – An autopsy report says retired star pitcher Roy Halladay had evidence of amphetamine, morphine and an insomnia drug in his system when he died in a small plane crash in Florida last year.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that an autopsy shows the former Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies All-Star died from blunt force trauma with drowning as a contributing factor when he crashed his personal plane into the Gulf of Mexico near New Port Richey on Nov. 7.

The National Transportation Safety Board hasn’t identified a cause for the crash. A witness told investigators that Halladay’s ICON A5 climbed to between 300 and 500 feet (90 and 150 meters) before it went into a 45-degree dive and slammed into the water.

The body of the two-time Cy Young Award winner was found in the wreckage.

ST. LOUIS (AP) – The St. Louis Cardinals traded outfielder Randal Grichuk to the Toronto Blue Jays for reliever Dominic Leone and minor league pitcher Conner Greene.

The 26-year-old Grichuk hit .238 last season with 22 home runs and 59 RBIs in 122 games. He became expendable after St. Louis got big-hitting left fielder Marcell Ozuna in a trade with Miami last month, and because of the emergence of Tommy Pham in center.

NEW YORK (AP) – Tim Tebow will be at spring training with the New York Mets.

The 30-year-old outfielder was among nine spring training invitees announced by the team.

The former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL quarterback is preparing for his second professional baseball season. He hit .226 with eight homers, 52 RBIs and 126 strikeouts in 126 games last year at Class A with Columbia in the South Atlantic League and Port St. Lucie in the Florida State League. Tebow was 4 for 27 (.148) with no extra-base hits, one walk and eight strikeouts in nine spring training games for the Mets last year.

COLLEGE ATHLETICS

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – The NCAA’s five largest conferences approved sweeping changes in everything from medical care to basketball during the holidays, dashing through the agenda with little opposition and virtually no debate.

Extended medical benefits for former athletes, a three-day break for basketball players over the holiday season, more money for student hosts http://www.seattleseahawksteamonline.com/marquise-blair-jersey , and allowing men’s hockey players to receive draft advice before enrolling in college without losing eligibility were all approved. The Division I autonomy group passed all four measures – and 11 i ATLANTA (AP) — The tenets of Sean McVay’s coaching philosophy are never far from sight at the Los Angeles Rams‘ training complex.“We Not Me” is emblazoned everywhere from the Rams’ playbooks to huge wall signs in the locker room. “The Standard Is the Standard” adorns T-shirts.“Trust the Process” isn’t a sarcastic joke in Thousand Oaks, as it became among basketball lovers in Philadelphia. It earnestly greets every player in large letters when they cross the Rams’ facility for team meetings.“I think what football really represents is there’s something special about being part of something bigger than yourself,” McVay said this week in Atlanta. “The star of the team is the team, however you want to say it. But words are words. You’ve got to really live it.”In just two years in charge, the 33-year-old McVay has utterly changed — or perhaps created — the identity of a franchise that had 13 consecutive non-winning seasons before his arrival. Though they’re years away from having the success necessary to finish it, the foundation is set for a culture that could someday emulate the best parts of the “Patriot Way,” the unofficial name for coach Bill Belichick’s ability to unite his franchise under his core principles.On their way to the Super Bowl on Sunday, the Rams navigated a trying regular season at home, with a mass shooting and two wildfires all occurring near their training complex in Thousand Oaks, California.According to players and coaches, that adversity and the franchise’s response to it cemented the rightness of McVay’s methods — and through it all, the Rams kept winning.“Sean has implemented an unbelievable culture http://www.seattleseahawksteamonline.com/cody-barton-jersey ,” Rams general manager Les Snead said. “We always say around here that we’re not collecting talent. We’re building a team, and there’s more to a team than just a skillset on a football field.”McVay never claimed to invent his motivational phrases, which mean exactly what an outsider would presume. “We Not Me” isn’t Shakespeare, but the NFL isn’t English lit class.McVay’s cutting-edge offensive acumen and coordinator Wade Phillips’ defensive know-how are the pillars beneath this Super Bowl team, but the Rams believe McVay’s commitment to simple, direct communication is another key component.The players know what McVay means because he repeats his messages constantly, and then he shows them with his actions. His players have responded in kind, and the result is a tight-knit group of disparate personalities that could win a championship this weekend just two years after many of the same players went 4-12.“When (McVay) got here, it was all about buying into what he was talking about,” defensive tackle Michael Brockers said. “Buying into character, and buying into the ‘We Not Me’ mentality. Ever since we’ve done that, and this team has carried that on our shoulders http://www.seattleseahawksteamonline.com/phil-haynes-jersey , we’ve been winning. For a man to come in here and just change it like that, I have to show my respect to him. It started with him.”Brockers joined the Rams in St. Louis in 2012, and he endured five straight losing seasons before McVay arrived. When asked to name the biggest changes during his Rams tenure, he can’t stop: “The leadership we have. The coaches we have. How confident we are in our game plan. How confidently we go into each game.”“I’ve just seen the changes over these years, and it’s beautiful,” Brockers added. “It makes me emotional, because things like this don’t happen in a short amount of time, and I’ve watched it grow. Like they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day. And I’m seeing it in its beauty right now.”The results are indeed beautiful: The Rams have won 26 of their 35 games since McVay took over. Los Angeles is 15-3 this season and on the brink of a championship despite a tumultuous autumn.Twelve people were killed less than five miles from the Rams’ training complex on Nov. 7 at the Borderline Bar and Grill. Later in the month, wildfires forced dozens of Rams employees, including Phillips, and their families to evacuate their homes.“We’ve had a lot of different challenges we’ve had to rise up to this season http://www.tampabaybuccaneersteamonline.com/mike-edwards-jersey , and I’m so proud of our guys for how they handled it,” said left tackle Andrew Whitworth, a locker room leader and spokesman. “But to me, life in general is lived best when it’s about more than just yourself. We’ve tried to embody that in everything we do.”The Rams responded by taking care of their work and then striving to improve others’ lives. Along with extensive charity fundraising efforts fronted by quarterback Jared Goff, the team welcomed thousands of victims and first responders to their Monday night home game against Kansas City before Thanksgiving, an epic 54-51 victory.“I had so many people tell me that the game gave them some respite from what they had been going through, and that’s the best feeling,” said Whitworth, who donated one of his paychecks to relief efforts. “It’s not a burden. It’s an opportunity to inspire a whole lot of people.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep up with all things Realms Con
Venue

The Emerald Beach Hotel

1102 South Shoreline Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX  78401

Who’s Online
Profile picture of zhangzk