Front Page Forums Costume and Cosplay Hero's Mask Help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bradford Sylney 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how to make a latex mask.
    like the kind Robin and Nightwing wear.

I need something that can stick to my face without the string.

ive made a few. but they stick out a little. { like theyre to thick or something.

Im not using liquid latex. or anything facny.

Any ideas or help?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

kalie
    Participant

I’d look up tutorials on latex mask making, but I know spirit gum is a good adhesive thats safe to apply to skin? Just don’t get it in your hair, it hurts like hell. (I learned this the hard way lol)

Lawrence Rados
    Participant

I would actually suggest making a mask out of fabric or stiff plastic (ie: a Hobby-Lobby mask), then painting it and attaching it to your face via spirit gum or some other skin-friendly adhesive. Have you also considered stencil-painting a mask using Mehron or Snazaroo face paint?

Liquid latex isn’t too difficult to figure out, but you would have to make a really decent mold first and that can be tricky. After making the mold, I would use a carefully-cleaned brush to lightly coat the mold layer-by-layer until it’s thick enough to peel away in one piece. Latex is actually fairly easy to cut with scissors, so you could use the above-mentioned Hobby Lobby face mask as a template and cut away all the tags and spare edges after the latex is dry. As for the holes in the face mask mold, when making my Pavi Largo mask, I blocked up the nose, eyes and mouth with cellophane stuck to the edges of each hole with crazy glue on the convex side of the mask. It’s not a perfect strategy, but it worked well enough to make this:

Attachments:

well i ended up going with some craft foam :D
    anf to glue it on i use that PURPLE glue stick made by ELMERS
    its very important that you use the PURPLE one. it sticks better

Attachments:

Bradford Sylney
    Participant

It is interesting to read your blog post and I am going to share it with my friends.

Herbew Fentos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep up with all things Realms Con
Venue

Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

900 N Shoreline Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78401

Who’s Online
There are no users currently online