Front Page Forums Costume and Cosplay Hero's Mask Help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bradford Sylney 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how to make a latex mask.
    like the kind Robin and Nightwing wear.

I need something that can stick to my face without the string.

ive made a few. but they stick out a little. { like theyre to thick or something.

Im not using liquid latex. or anything facny.

Any ideas or help?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

kalie
    Participant

I’d look up tutorials on latex mask making, but I know spirit gum is a good adhesive thats safe to apply to skin? Just don’t get it in your hair, it hurts like hell. (I learned this the hard way lol)

Lawrence Rados
    Participant

I would actually suggest making a mask out of fabric or stiff plastic (ie: a Hobby-Lobby mask), then painting it and attaching it to your face via spirit gum or some other skin-friendly adhesive. Have you also considered stencil-painting a mask using Mehron or Snazaroo face paint?

Liquid latex isn’t too difficult to figure out, but you would have to make a really decent mold first and that can be tricky. After making the mold, I would use a carefully-cleaned brush to lightly coat the mold layer-by-layer until it’s thick enough to peel away in one piece. Latex is actually fairly easy to cut with scissors, so you could use the above-mentioned Hobby Lobby face mask as a template and cut away all the tags and spare edges after the latex is dry. As for the holes in the face mask mold, when making my Pavi Largo mask, I blocked up the nose, eyes and mouth with cellophane stuck to the edges of each hole with crazy glue on the convex side of the mask. It’s not a perfect strategy, but it worked well enough to make this:

Attachments:

well i ended up going with some craft foam :D
    anf to glue it on i use that PURPLE glue stick made by ELMERS
    its very important that you use the PURPLE one. it sticks better

Attachments:

Bradford Sylney
    Participant

It is interesting to read your blog post and I am going to share it with my friends.

Herbew Fentos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep up with all things Realms Con
Venue

The Emerald Beach Hotel

1102 South Shoreline Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX  78401

Who’s Online
There are no users currently online