Front Page Forums Other Conventions/Events Anyone ever been to Akon?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sharon 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sir

Has anyone here ever been to Akon? Any good or bad stories to share?

Sharon
    Participant

I’ve been to A-Kon the past 2 years. The convention is set it Dallas, Texas with an attendance of around 22,000 people it’s one of the largest central cons. The locations the past two years have been….nice, but at the same time the layout last year was a bit difficult since they had multiple lines down a narrow winding hallway. Those lines were for registration and the deal room, and to even get to the artist alley, you had to make your way through the limited space in those hallways. If you had a bigger cosplay, it would have been much harder for you to be able to get through. Other than that, the convention itself has a lot to offer. The selections there are pretty decent and they have some really good vendors that you don’t see at the smaller cons (crunchyroll being one of them). There are also a lot of pretty awesome cosplays/cosplayers you can see at this con since quite a few big name cosplayers come out for it. All-in-all it’s a pretty good convention and I would for sure recommend it to anyone! Also, heck if you don’t like the con, the area is always pretty awesome too with the galleria mall (and ice skating), and the other nice attractions like the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament (which was right down the street from the new location this past year). If you want anymore info, feel free to contact me~!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep up with all things Realms Con
Venue

Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

900 N Shoreline Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78401

Who’s Online
There are no users currently online