Hello Cosplayers! Ready to strut your stuff on the stage at the Realms Con Cosplay Contest? Well, check out some rules first!
- During the costume time of the cosplay contest, contestants may walk on the stage and strike several poses that must be age appropriate. The time allotted for this portion of the cosplay contest show is about 30-45 seconds per person/group. Then for the skit portion of the cosplay contest, show contestants may perform a skit by themselves or with a small group. The time allotted for this portion of the show is 3 minutes.
- Costumes must be PG appropriate.
- If you or a small group of friends are intending to enter the skit portion of the cosplay contest, your skit will be pre-screened for any violations of the rules at the time of line up. This includes one foot must stay on the ground at all times, no jumping to avoid injuries, no vulgar language, no offensive hand gestures, etc. Please remember that this is a family event and must be family friendly.
- If you plan on entering the craftsmanship portion of the show, please be sure that your costume is home made. If there are any parts that are not, please let the judges know so they may judge the contest accordingly. Also, please have your sign-up sheet prepared before the con, if at all possible. If you enter the skit portion of the cosplay contest, your cosplay does not have to be home made for this portion of the show.
- All music must be given at registration on FLASH DRIVE only. We will NOT look up any music for you. Your music will be pre-screened for any offensive material. If it contains any offensive material, it will not be allowed. Your skit may only last 3 minutes as seen in rule 1.